Choosing the best video conferencing microphone can be a tricky task, and you can't always rely on the built-in microphone on your computer.
If you are ready to take the plunge and purchase a dedicated microphone, don't worry...I got you! I did the leg work for you and did some research.
Here are my top recommendations for best microphone for video conferencing:
This Rode NT-USB Mini USB Microphone is cute and compact but packs quite the punch! This microphone has a clean sound, but it is also easy to use and has a modern matte-black finish! The Rode NT-USB Mini USB microphone is ideal for streamers, podcasters, musicians, and gamers who want a professional quality sound. The Rode NT-USB Mini Mic will give you that full-definition sound.
• The excellent condenser capsule will give you a crisp sound.
• Focuses on the voice or instrument using the microphone.
• Reduces plosive speech sounds (hard noises usually heard in the letters p, t, k, b, d, g).
• Full swivel mount so you can position it however you want!
• USB compatible and works well with computers and tablets without drivers.
• Constructed with steel and nylon resin.
The Saramonic SR-ULM7 USB clip-on microphone is small, discreet, and is compatible with Windows or Mac computers. This microphone is best for YouTube streaming, product reviews, television, and interviews. This Saramonic mic is tiny, but it is mighty! You will get professional-grade sound from a small clip-on microphone.
• Background noise canceling design.
• No drivers needed; just plug in and use!
• Mac, Windows, or other USB-enabled devices are compatible.
• Picks up sound from multiple directions
Here is a Saramonic clip-on lavalier that is even smaller than the one above. The Saramonic LavMicro-UC Omnidirectional Lavalier Mic for USB Type-C Devices with Signal Converter is super compact and delivers an unmistakable sound. It can easily be connected to Android devices, Windows, or Mac computers through the USB. You will get broadcast-worthy sound while easily clipping the microphone to your shirt.
• A 6.25-foot cable
• Multi-directional sound pickup for natural sound.
• No drivers are needed; you can just plug in and play!
• DeltaSigma analog-to-digital converter.
• Foam windscreen with a metal lapel clip.
The Saramonic L. Diaphram USB Desktop Condenser Mic has a traditional radio look that delivers warm vocals. This is one of the best microphones for podcasts and video calls. This Saramonic microphone has a cardioid pickup pattern with volume control and a magnetic desk stand that is easy to maneuver.
• Easy to plug in and play
• Multi-color LED indicator and a compact body.
• Professional grade
• Built-in pop filter
• Compatible with various devices
The Benro MeVIDEO MWH-1 Wired On-Ear Stereo is a comfortable headset with a modern style. This headset is perfect for streaming, video calls, virtual meetings, and video conferencing.
I've tried many headsets that aren't comfortable, but this one feels like a dream! It has padded ear cushions that help when you are wearing the headset for an extended time while streaming. It is comfy, but it is also great for noise-canceling and has a foam windscreen.
• Easily foldable to safely store.
• Built-in volume and mute buttons.
• Compatible with most computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Saramonic Blink 500 B5 Digital Wireless Omni Lavalier Microphone System for USB Type-C Devices (2.4 GHz)
The Saramonic Blink500 B5 is an exceptional compact wireless microphone, and it is compatible with a variety of devices with USB-C ports. This excellent clip-on microphone can easily attach to your shirts while still delivering broadcast sound quality. The Saramonic Blink500 is great for vlogging, journalism, and video production.
- Designed for Android devices.
- Professional-sounding quality
The Lavalier GO is one of my favorite microphones. It has professional qualities and can easily be worn on your clothing for a seamless recording experience. The Lavalier GO can be used for any reason you have to record. The Rode Lavalier GO has a clear sound while eliminating background noise. The foam pop shield helps to eliminate those annoying vocal plosives.
• Kevlar cable gives it a durable build.
• You can get this clip on in black or white.
• Multi-directional sound pickup
• Comes with a pop shield
Although this isn't a microphone, this is one of the best dual-channel interfaces to help with recording. You can easily connect any microphone with a 3.5mm output and get an exceptional sound.
• Compatible with many microphones, computers, and smartphones.
• Auto-sensing inputs
• Works with the RODE app suite to give you access to many audio features.
So, which one should you choose?
When choosing a microphone, you will want to pick what is best for you. Everything will depend on what your needs are. Are you recording for a podcast? Gaming? Creating YouTube Content? Use all of this information to help you decide which of the microphones above will best suit you. Besides the functionality, the price will also play a factor when choosing what you want to purchase.
You will also want to think about how soundproof your room is. You want to ensure you eliminate all background noise as much as possible. If you have too much ambient noise, you will want a more professional-grade microphone to help reduce any noise you don't want to capture.
Related article: How to Use a Camera as a Webcam
Related article: How to Make a YouTube Video (Beginner's Guide)
Related article: How to Record a Podcast in 2022